- Students interested in pursuing a career in physical therapy as an aide, assistant, or therapist will benefit from this introductory class
Physical Therapy Aide
Physical Therapy Aide Technicians provide assistance in the treatment of patients in a wide variety of clinical settings, ranging from hospitals to outpatient orthopedic facilities. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of physical therapy aides is projected to grow 29% from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.
The non-credit Physical Therapy Aide program at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) provides a basic overview of the rehabilitation process including anatomy, treatment modalities, medical terminology and ethics, gait assistive devices, and note recording. The course provides a foundation to initiate a career as a Physical Therapy Aide. It also provides a starting point for further studies in the field of rehabilitation.
The program includes 60 hours of instruction.
Please note: This program is not associated with any CSULB minor or major degree, and does not guarantee a job upon completion.
- Prepares students for an introductory rehabilitation aide position
- Course includes equipment such as a gait belt, reflex hammer, and goniometer
- Textbook included with the cost of the program
- Basic human anatomy and medical terminology
- Patient positioning and measuring the range of motion using a goniometer
- Use of ambulatory assistive devices for patient transfers
- Note recording and modality application
- Students will be required to participate in class, pass all quizzes and exams, and pass practical components as instructed